Tuesday 2 January 2018

2017 New Year's Eve in Chester


For the first time in a few years I attended a free New Year’s Eve event.
For the last two years I have paid £5 to go to my local, this year I fancied
something different.

I attend one of only three free events I could find in Chester at a pub I am a regular
at.  The pub always a good and wide selection of beers and they had a DJ,
free food (well a pie each, but they do usually cost £3 and there were about 60
people there) and a free glass of bubbly at midnight.
The best new year I’ve had in a long time.

I started my NYE celebrations at The Deva Tap at about 3:30pm.   I walked in the
rain,getting totally lost along the way, and wound up at the Goat and Munch at
6:05pm, 5 mins after they closed! 
Knowing time was pressing on, I skipped Telfords Warehouse and went straight to
The Pied Bull for some dinner. I left there, after eating, and got to The Cellar
(my final destination) at 6:30pm.

I also had the cost of accommodation for the night, but it was definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment