Thursday 18 February 2016

The Reason For Being

I started this blog purely as a way of electronically recording my beer ticks, which used to be written on paper.

I then discovered Untappd and started ticking electronically and this blog was no longer needed, though I tried (and failed) to copy up the rest of my paper notes!

Untappd initially posted to my personal Facebook and Twitter accounts, then I decided to give Cyber Beer its own accounts, but, not being able to post to pages, the FB account has gone mostly unused.  The popularly of my Twitter however, continues to astound me!

Used primarily for my Untappd beer ticks, I also use it for interacting with breweries and other beer fans.  I have about 410 followers including British and American breweries, brewers, pubs and others in "the trade" as well as general beer fans.

My new year plans for this blog are to actually blog more!  Note details of pub crawls, beer festivals and meet the brewer sessions.

Also for 2016 The Cyber Beer Blog has ventured outside the realms of Blogspot and I now have a duplicate blog on Tumblr, as well as venturing more into the realm of Google+!

Thank you for supporting and being interested in Cyber Beer's ventures.

The CyberHippy
Cyber Beer Administrator 

No comments:

Post a Comment