Thursday 18 February 2016

National Winter Ale Festival 2016

11:10 

The NWAF is once again being held in The Roundhouse at Derby.

I have a bit of a trek to get to it this year, as I'm coming from The Wirral.  I have to go by car to Spital, then from Spital to Chester, from Chester to Crewe and Finally from Crewe to Derby.  

I am currently on the train to Crewe.

11:52

Waiting on my connection to Derby, but the 12:07 delayed by 10 mins.  Good thing I'm not going for the one in an hour because 13:07 is cancelled!

Crewe - Derby is the longest part of the journey is a 1hr 20min run.

12:18

Train now delayed till 12:25!

12:34

Finally on my way to Derby!  Shoots arrive around 13:40 according to National Rail Enquires!  Be ready for a drink at the end of this journey, good thing I'm off to a beer festival! :-D

13:55

Arrived! Got my first beer.  Blue Monkey Chocolate Gorilla Stout and it's lovely!

Had several beers, including Parish Baz's Bonce Blower, and talked to many people including those on the Tiny Rebel and Thornbridge stalls.

Bought crisps from Piper’s and chocolate from Merry Berry.

The beers I tried were :-

Blue Monkey Chocolate Guerrilla
Tiny Rebel Stay Puft Marshmallow Porter
The Boot Inn Welington
Dancing Duck Waddle It Be?
Parish Baz's Bonce Blower
Abbydale Birdhouse Tea Beer
Rat Red Hot Chilli Rat
Tiny Rebel Hadouken 
Thornbridge Saint Petersberg 
Thornbridge Made North
Tiny Rebel Dubbel Dragon
 
18:30

Grabbed my final beer, Wentwell Absent Friends.

18:42

Train back to Crewe 

20:22

On train to Chester

20:45 

Arrived at Chester station

20:55 

On platform 7B for 21:00 train to Spital 

21:30

Arrived home.

A long day with a lot of traveling, but definitely worth it.  Had some great beers and picked up some brewery freebies as well!  

Time for bed soon.  Manchester beckons tomorrow!  New Marble Brewery beer launch.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment