Thursday 12 October 2017

Micropubbing in Liverpool 11/10/17

This evening I visited two Liverpool micropubs. 

Catching the train one stop from Liverpool Lime Street station to Wavertree Technology Park, I had a mile walk to my first destination, Liverpool's new micropub, The Ale House in Old Swan. 

This large, single-room pub was friendly and inviting.  Area wise it was a lot larger than what I would generally class as a "Micropub".  The lady serving was nice and the regulars were friendly.  I didn't get too many odd looks when reviewing, but it was quite quiet for 5pm on Wednesday afternoon.

The beer range was a mixture of big national brands and smaller breweries along with four real ciders.  They have their own beer from local brewery Big Bog called Black Swan, however I suspect this may be Big Bog's Stog Milk Stout rebadged!

From The Ale House I walked a mile to the Cask Micropub.

Cask is small, a single room pub, but about half the size of The Ale House, its capacity must be about 30-40 people!

Cask can have up to six real ales on, but mid-week was only serving three.  They also have a well stocked bottle fridge, with its own printed menu, containing a good range for popular Belgian beers to bottles for Liverpool's Mad Hatter brewery.

Upon leaving cask I walked the 10 minutes to the nearest bus stop to get back into the centre of Liverpool.

I had a great evening, The Ale House has been on my radar to visit for some time and I hadn't visited Cask since June 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment